e hënë, 25 qershor 2007

Smith agent hints at exit

Alan Smith's agent has hinted the Manchester United striker could well be on his way out of Old Trafford amid speculation suggesting Middlesbrough have made a £6million offer for the player.
Smith, who still has two years remaining on his contract, has struggled to recapture his best form since returning from a year on the sidelines with a horrific broken leg and ankle injury.
ALAN SMITH
The 26-year-old has made just 93 appearances since moving to Old Trafford from Leeds United three years ago and recently revealed his frustration at a lack of starting opportunities.
Boro, Newcastle United, Sunderland and Portsmouth have all been mentioned as possible destinations for the England striker and Smith's agent, Alex Black, has suggested a summer move could well be on the cards.
"There is a lot of stuff going about at the moment," Black told the Manchester Evening News.
"But nothing is going to be done until Alan comes back from his break.

e shtunë, 23 qershor 2007

Henry confirms Barca deal

Henry confirms Barca dealSaturday 23 Jun 2007
Arsenal captain Thierry Henry has confirmed that he is on the verge of ending his glorious spell with the Gunners to join Spanish giants Barcelona.
Rumours began to circulate on Friday evening that the France international had agreed a four-year contract with Barca, with a fee of around £16million having been settled on by the two clubs.
THIERRY HENRY
Now Henry, 29, has confirmed that he only needs to pass a medical to complete his switch to the Camp Nou.
He told The Sun: "Wenger has been part of my life for as long as I can remember.
"Unfortunately and understandably he has said that at this moment he will not commit to the club past the expiration of his current deal, which finishes at the end of the coming season.
"I respect his decision and his honesty, but I will be 31 at the end of next season and I cannot take the chance to be there without Arsene Wenger and David Dein.
"This is solely my decision, no-one has forced me to do anything and I will represent myself in this transaction. I feel it is something I just had to do.
"Barcelona are a wonderful club steeped in tradition and play beautiful football. I'm sure I will be very happy there.
"But I will miss the Arsenal fans dearly, they have supported me through thick and thin.
"They will always be in my heart, as will all the fans who make the game here so special. I will always have a special bond with Arsenal Football Club."
Henry joined the Gunners in the summer of 1999 for around £10million from Juventus and went on to score an incredible 226 goals in 364 appearances for the North London club.
He won the PFA Players' Player of the Year award twice and the football writers' title three times, while aiding Arsenal clinch two Premier League crowns, three FA Cup final successes and reach the final of the 2006 Champions League.
');
-->

Rafa: No transfer panic yet

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has stressed the importance of patience as he closes in on his summer transfer targets.
The Spaniard has been promised major funds to bolster his squad by co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, but so far only Ukraine striker Andriy Voronin and Brazilian youngster Lucas Leiva have been brought in.
RAFA BENITEZ
But Benitez insists he is not unduly concerned by the Reds' slow start in the transfer market and has refused to panic despite title rivals Manchester United spending £50million already and Chelsea bolstering their squad with a number of free transfer arrivals.
"We have a number of targets and I am receiving interesting phone calls all the time," he told the club's official website.
"We are monitoring situations all the time and there is no urgency yet.
"If we bring in players from Spain, they only finished playing a week ago so they will need a longer break, but I would like somebody in before we start pre-season training."
The Reds have been linked with Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Fernando Torres of Atletico Madrid already this summer.
West Ham's Yossi Benayoun is also interesting Benitez, who has reportedly made a revised £2.5million offer for the Israel international.
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has stressed the importance of patience as he closes in on his summer transfer targets.
The Spaniard has been promised major funds to bolster his squad by co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, but so far only Ukraine striker Andriy Voronin and Brazilian youngster Lucas Leiva have been brought in.
RAFA BENITEZ
But Benitez insists he is not unduly concerned by the Reds' slow start in the transfer market and has refused to panic despite title rivals Manchester United spending £50million already and Chelsea bolstering their squad with a number of free transfer arrivals.
"We have a number of targets and I am receiving interesting phone calls all the time," he told the club's official website.
"We are monitoring situations all the time and there is no urgency yet.
"If we bring in players from Spain, they only finished playing a week ago so they will need a longer break, but I would like somebody in before we start pre-season training."
The Reds have been linked with Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Fernando Torres of Atletico Madrid already this summer.
West Ham's Yossi Benayoun is also interesting Benitez, who has reportedly made a revised £2.5million offer for the Israel international.

Tuncay vows to be a hit

New Middlesbrough signing Tuncay Sanli believes his committed playing style will help him become a hit with the Riverside faithful.
The 25-year-old Turkey international agreed a four-year contract on Friday - subject to securing a work permit - before admitting he was fulfilling a dream by playing in the Premier League.
TUNCAY SANLI
"I believe my playing style will suit Middlesbrough and the way that (manager) Gareth Southgate wants the team to play. I think we will be ideal for each other," he told the club's official website after sealing his free transfer switch from Fenerbahce.
"I am competitive, but I think that I will bring speed and a hard-working attitude to the team. I will always give 100 per cent.
"I have always been a team player. I play with my heart, as Fenerbahce fans will confirm.
"Of course, now I hope I have that same relationship with the Middlesbrough supporters and that they will enjoy my style."
Tuncay will wear the number 17 shirt on Teesside and believes his versatility will help him become a hit in English football.
"I can play in midfield, on the right wing, behind the striker or, of course, as the main striker. I have played in all of these positions for Fenerbahce and for Turkey," he continued.
"I am very ambitious to win things and achieve success, as I know Middlesbrough are, so I can promise I will do my very best for the club and the supporters.
"Ever since I was a young boy I have wanted to play in the English Premier League and I know that Middlesbrough are one of the most influential teams in the top division, so I am excited about this chance."

football

e premte, 15 qershor 2007

Crouch warning to Benitez

Peter Crouch wants regular first-team football with both Liverpool and England after growing tired of having to come off the bench to get match action.
He scored 24 times in all games last season but still struggles to win a starting spot in the plans of rafa Benitez and Steve McClaren.
And former Aston Villa and Portsmouth striker Crouch told the Daily Mirror: "Players are greedy and they want to play every game and I'm no different. If your form dips a touch, you're going to be replaced. You've got to keep on your toes. But, when you've got 70 odd games in a season, it's not feasible to start every game."

Benitez could quit Liverpool over lack of transfer funds

Rafael Benitez could quit as Liverpool manager after becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of spending power at Anfield.
The Spaniard warned the club's new owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks, he needed a £100m transfer kitty to overhaul his squad and turn them into Premier League title contenders.
And he set his sights on making two major signings over £10m immediately after losing to AC Milan in the Champions League final.
But the American tycoons are reported to be at loggerheads over the transfer budget.
The first signs of conflict came after Liverpool pulled out of the £17m race to sign Charlton and England striker Darren Bent.
Then the Reds made a £1m bid for West Ham winger Yossi Benayoun, which the Hammers described as an "insult".
Now a Reds source has told daily financial newspaper CityAM that Benitez has real concerns about the future ambitions of the club.
"If Gillett and Hicks cannot give Rafa a budget in which a sensible assault on the title, then Rafa will not hang around for long," he said.
"It simply doesn't look like Liverpool are competing in the transfer market and Rafa would definitely position than he is right now."